Our Safeguarding Policy
- Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd understands complaints to be an expression of dissatisfaction requiring a response, communicated verbally, electronically, or in writing. Complaints may be made by any Service Users, their family or advocate acting on their behalf, with their consent or in their best interests
- Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd takes complaints seriously. We will aim to put things right that have gone wrong and learn lessons to avoid the problem happening again. This policy sets out the framework for how Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will achieve this. The detail of how Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will do this will be found in the associated procedures
- Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will comply with legislation, national guidelines, regulation and best practice when managing complaints and suggestions. A systematic approach will be taken with all aspects of complaints and suggestions
- Complaints or concerns by staff will be addressed via the grievance process if the complaint or concerns relates to them individually or the Whistleblowing procedure where a protected disclosure is made
- Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd understands our statutory obligations in respect of the Duty of Candour and will ensure we follow the agreed policy and procedure
Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will ensure that the complaints and compliments process at Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd is fair and transparent and does not discriminate directly or indirectly because of the following:
- Being or becoming a transsexual/transgender person<
- Being married or in a civil partnership
- Being pregnant or on maternity leave
- Race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
- Religion, belief or lack of religion/belief
- Sexual orientation
Seeking Views and Engaging with Service UsersKind Hearts Care Company Ltd will seek out opportunities to obtain feedback from Service Users and stakeholders. Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will act with sensitivity, integrity and professionalism by treating individuals who do complain or raise a suggestion with compassion, courtesy and respect. The service will protect the Service User’s right to confidentiality. Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will ensure that alternative methods of communication are available so that the complaints and suggestions procedures are accessible for Service Users who experience difficulties with communication or whose first language is not English. Staff will undertake training on how to manage complaints in line with their role and responsibilities.
Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd understands that it can be difficult to separate a complaint from a concern, therefore, Kind Hearts Care Company Ltd will follow this policy when any dissatisfaction arises with the service.
A full record will be held of all complaints received regardless of the level of seriousness and means of communication. This approach allows an open and transparent culture around raising concerns in the earliest stage to allow resolution. A record of the complaint will also be held in the Service User’s Care file and reported in line with contractual or regulatory requirements.